Invest in yourself and business ownership could be yours!
Follow your dream. Develop a business plan and learn about financing. Get help from business coaches. It’s not easy, it takes time, but it is worth the effort!
Complete the Business Readiness Tool (BRT) and submit it.
- Take the Entrepreneur Risk Assessment Quiz.
- Work through the chapters of the Intro to Starting a Business webcast. Take notes – download the business planning tools: business plan outline and cashflow projections spreadsheet.
- Connect with LegalCORPS for a FREE 30 minute consultation.
- Schedule a meeting with a business coach. You can find these resources in your area in the SWIF Service Area – Small Business Development Center, County or City EDA, Chamber of Commerce, current business owner, local lender.
- Continue working on and finalizing your business plan.
- Identify your target market/customers. Begin working on your marketing plan. Work through the chapters of Developing a Marketing Plan webcast.
- Know your financial health and determine your financial needs – check your credit score.
- Begin working on your cashflow projections.
- Finish your business plan, cash-flow projections and marketing plan. Set up a meeting with your local lender to discuss your dreams!